Friday, December 17, 2010

They're coming...


This photo can mean only one thing...

I have no idea what the four food groups are.
Not really. It actually means I have begun the annual process of making "Buckeyes". Some of you weirdos call then peanut butter balls. Not too creative. If I were a more industrious gal I would google the history of why they are called buckeyes.

Maybe...
*A man named Buck was the first to make them? (don't laugh, we all know what John Crapper invented.)
Maybe...
*A hunter's wife made them wrong and they were really hard and he threw one at a deer and it took out its eye, proclaiming, "Look Billy-Bob, I got that there Buckeye!" (what? Rednecks invent things too. Where do you think we got Pabst Blue Ribbon, and ball caps with fake mullets?)
Maybe...
They originate in Ohio? Wait, that one makes sense, I mean, if we know what an actual Buckeye is???

I have no clue, but I make them for people every year, which I think is funny... because guess what? I never eat them. Nope. Don't even like them. So, there you have it. The Buckeye.

2 comments:

  1. I'll have to send you my new address ; ) I like me some buckeyes. And I think they are named so because of their resemblance to the eye of a buck. Seriously, it's that simple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Around here Buckeyes are acorns. And if you think about it, the peanut butter balls do sort of look like acorns. But Gloria's explanation works too! who knows.

    ReplyDelete