Thursday, December 23, 2010

Almost there...

It is December 23rd. I am not sure what to write about today. I will go list style, since I have not abused that yet this month.

1. We got a new roof put on and have our septic tank dug up awaiting the arrival of... whatever you call the guy who fixes your septic tank. If I ever open that kind of business, I want to call it the "Crapper Keeper". You know, like a trapper-keeper of the 80s, only crapper, because it is where you keep, quite literally, your crap. This was a lot more funny in my head.
2.I still have a lot on my to-do list. A little baking, some buckeye finishing up, and of course... wrapping. I just realized as I type this that I forgot tape at the store. It is a good thing this is not an audible blog.
3. I am super bummed because I cannot find our copy of "The Legend of the Candy Cane." We always read it multiple times throughout December, and I am missing it. Somehow, reading Clifford's Christmas is just not the same.
4. I put a plastic tablecloth on the table today, and let the boys have at it with some crafty goodies. I learned that Alden can stack foam stickers like nobodies business, and that boys need some sort of craft goal.
5. I made my most favorite cookies ever yesterday and do not plan on sharing them with anyone. Sugar cookies with craisins and white chocolate chips. They are supposed to have pistachios, but at $19.99 a bag at Costco, I decided to go nut free this year.
6. My friend Heather makes the best oyster cracker snack mix in the world. I did not share this with my children either. What? They have their spit laden cutouts and buckeyes.
7. I used a Saran Wrap Quick Cover as a hair color processing cap today. It is good to know which kitchen items are truly useful.
8. My mom sent my kids one of those adorable books where she records the story. You know, like in the Hallmark commercial. I almost bawled at the cuteness of it all. Those three tough boys hit the couch before I could say "Hallmark moment", waiting to hear the story.
9. This is the first year that I have not dragged my children into the local tobacco shop's humidor to pick out a stocking stuffer for their dad. I went alone and the owner actually looked at me funny, but since I am normally toting my children... into a humidor... I am guessing he assumed DSS finally got them.
10. In a memoir I am currently reading, the author's mother throws the Christmas tree off the deck one year. I could relate.

The End.

1 comment:

  1. -i totally ran out of tape last night...so santa finished it up with packing tape - should make for some frustrated moments tomorrow morning :)
    -i really want to get one of those hallmark books - hoping to pick one up next week on sale!
    -those sugar cookies sound awesome!
    -that book has been added to our wish list
    -i can relate to the tree throwing as well..and i can tell you mine will be out the door on sunday!!

    have a very merry christmas jude!

    ReplyDelete