It is a list of topics that you choose a photo from 2010 to go along with. Oh my word... much more time consuming than I thought. I think I am skipping the "friend" one because I was already up to 11 photos. So... anyhoo. You are getting a list of goals, and I will attempt to complete the never ending photo task soon. And then the quiz, and the top ten, and ... let's be reasonable. This list might be all this blog sees for a while.
Goals and Intentions for 2011
1. Stick with my Project 365. This is a project where you take a self portrait every day... for one year. Holy Hannah that is a lot of shots of my goofy face looking at ya' but I am doing it. The first time I heard about this idea, 2 years ago, I honestly thought, how narcissistic! BUT... then I lost my grandmother this year, and all I could think was, I would LOVE to have a whole year of her German grimaces to look at. Here is an example... we'll see how this is going come April.
2. Stick with my Project 52. HA! I think this is technically a back -up plan in case I fail at the 365. This differs in that, I have joined a group of other photo enthusiasts and we are given prompts each week for a year. This week's prompt was NEW. Here is mine: Alden and his new best friend.
3. I want to memorize 5 or more good verses. By good, I do not mean that some scripture is better than others, I mean good in the sense that I will not count "Jesus wept" as a memorized verse. "Your word have I hid in my heart that I might not sin against you."
4. Read more books. I read a lot last year, but thanks to a website Nicole recommended,that helps you keep up with what you have read, want to read, and are currently reading, I plan on reading more. Plus, remember, I drink tea now, I am bound to read more because of that fact alone!
5. Do more crafts with the knuckleheads. I cleaned out our mudroom this week, and finally had to admit... my young testosterone bearing children are just not into rubber stamping and scrapbooking. They are into bendaroos, legos, and using household items to make weapons. I will let go of the estrogen craft dreams, and embrace the boy craft realm.
6. I will save all my birthday, Christmas and Hanukkah money for a new camera. I know, I don't even celebrate Hanukkah, but if I thought it would get me to my dreamy new camera sooner, I would indeed don a yarmulke and play with a dreidel.
7. Date nights will be an all systems go, just like in 2010. My Micah and I really loved this, and I have already decided two of our nights out for this month. We are not loaded enough to pay a sitter every week, so sometimes we "date in", but date we will... and I hope I get a corsage on at least one occasion... not really. My Micah knows I would jack slap him for wasting potential new camera dollars on flowers.
8. I have a few travel goals... those will depend on time, $$, and who I can pawn my children off on. Mom... don't you want to come for a visit???? heehee
9. I shant buy any unnecessary shoes in 2011. One should note, my idea of necessary and yours are likely two different things.
10. I will, in fact get my friend Sarah, to give me a full and complete hug. This is last because it will be the most challenging goal to keep.