1. Ladies, you must still shower, shave, and wear make-up. Clothing options are up to you. I am a woman who loves her pajamas, but at least wear a nice pair. How would you feel if your husband came to Date In dressed in plaid pj pants and a "Mulletz Rule" shirt? Um, cause I may have done that once, and it did not set the appropriate date night vibe I was going for.
2. No cooking. You are saving money on a sitter, so at least spring for some take out. This is especially important in my dishwasherless home. I am not in a romantic mood if I have to wash 50 pots and pans.
3. Wait to start your Date In until your children are in bed, asleep. My kids are good sleepers, but if benadryl needs to be involved at this point... that is up to you.
4. Candles are always a bonus.
5. Pick a good movie, or a game to play. Make the movie one you are both willing to watch, and the game one you both want to play. My Micah knows this means we will NEVER watch a Sylvester Stallone movie. I have had to come to terms with the fact that, it also means we will never play Scrabble. (why? because I am a Scrabble CHAMP! Yes, that is bragging. Shameless Scrabble bragging.)
6. Dance once in a while. Oh yes, I mean dance, with your spouse, in the living room. Calm down, I didn't say to go all clubbing style, just hold your honey and sway to some romantical sounds. (and ps squeeze a butt cheek at least once!) (pss sorry mom.)
7. Make out on the couch. I know, some of you are cringing, shocked, and searching for that "x" button in the top right. (uh, left for mac users) If you have not sat your honey down for some serious couch kissing, you are missing out.
Numbers 8-10 are entirely up to you and your spouse. I have to draw the line somewhere and that somewhere is just after I use the word "makeout".