1. The older boys started school yesterday. No one cried, not even the mama. I say that is nothing short of miraculous.
2. I bought all three boys the same shirts for yesterday. Does that make them nerds?
3. I have come to the conclusion that all school cafeterias smell the same. I am starting to grow suspicious that it is some secret bottled spray. The only hole in my theory is that if one was going to bottle a scent, surely it would not smell like a combination of cookies, sour milk, frozen square pizza, and bleach.
4. I will always bask in the glow of the ease of back to school shopping for boys. We went shoe shopping for Lincoln. We had two pairs of sneakers in less than 5 minutes. No whining, endless looking, or griping. Take that every person who has told me I am missing out by not having girls!
5. Soccer at the Y is an organizational nightmare. I cannot believe I agreed to this... and am paying for it to boot.
6. It is Friday now, and I am just coming back to finish this list. Busy... no. I WAS a cleaning hurricane yesterday. Cheerios on the carpet cower when they me coming now.
7. Did you know the phrase "Children should be seen and not heard" was actually coined by the inventor of duct tape?
8. I totally made up #7.
9. I paid a gross amount of money for my tankini this year. Why? It was tie dye.
10. I got hoodwinked into buying little one ounce, yes ONE OUNCE bags of "natural, organic and good for you bunny snacks." They are teddy grahams shaped like rabbits. I paid for rabbit grahams. Fattening little rabbit grahams too. Why did I think rabbits meant healthy... because rabbits eat carrots, that's why. Somewhere an advertising executive is laughing.
And... here are some photos from the first day. The End.