Monday, September 09, 2013

Oh, that post...

I have been gone a while.
For good reason.
We have been through some hard personal times here at the casa.
I am betting some people who know me "in real life" are waiting for a blog of great detail on what happened...

Sorry to disappoint, but this is not that blog.
I cannot write that yet. I don't know that I ever will.
I couldn't post anything anywhere that was remotely thought provoking without being asked, "Was that about...". So I put up photos. Photos are pretty safe. But to write a whole blog post? After that May camping trip one, I sunk... and sunk low. So rather than BS everyone like I was with my cheery FB and Instagram photos, I left the blog alone. 

Because when you have your world turned upside down... it tears you apart.
When people believe lies about you and your spouse... it tears you apart.
When you lose your community, your church, and even some friends... it tears you apart.
When your children ask you tearfully, "Why?"... it tears you apart.
When you see others hurting... it tears you apart.

And I am not where I need to be with everything just yet.
I don't know when I will be.

I do know that I would have lost it completely if it wasn't for:
~ one amazing husband
~ three brave and tough little boys
~ grace filled family members
~ courageous friends
~ and the simple truth of God's word.

"A bruised reed He will not break,
and a faintly burning wick He will not quench;
He will faithfully bring forth justice."
~Isaiah 42:3

I don't want to neglect writing about my boys and their adventures though. In the midst of all this they have lost first teeth, finished elementary school, started playing football, said funny things, gone to yoga classes, and made great memories... and I cannot wallow so much that I forget to document these things.

"Enjoy the little things in life, for one day,
you will look back and realize,
 they were the big things."
~Robert Brault

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for coming back and sharing Isaiah's words to people keep getting pointed to Jesus by what you write. I am so glad you're writing again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your back writing again, not gonna lie I've missed it and the quote at the end was a strong reminder I needed today. . :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I haven't had a chance to read blogs in nearly a year...my boss is away for a week so I thought it an apt chance to catch up...it sounds like you've been through a lot but with the grace of god you've emerged on the other side and I'm happy and proud of you.

    You did make me laugh with this line though "So rather than BS everyone like I was with my cheery FB and Instagram photos" When will people on FB get a clue that this is all it is...my blog may not be the exact things swirling around in my head but I'm not sharing it with the world and my 696 facebook "friends" so it's damn near a true reflection of "My Life So Far!".

    ReplyDelete