So a couple weeks ago the wild boys and I ventured out on a road trip to the B-Lo to see my family. We had a grand travel time in the car, roughly 10 hours. My boys are excellent car travelers, if I do say so myself. Some snacks, some juice boxes, and we are good to go.
We were cheerful about going until Buffalo became the Texas of the north... 96°. NINETY-SIX. Holy Hannah. You do realize that they have no AC up there? What you may not realize though, is that my mother also has a fondness for small non-powerful window fans. I mean, really, a fly flapping its wings brings in more air than her fans. We were hot. Super hot. Hot, as in I made up errands to run so we could be in the car with its glorious AC blasting in my face.
So, now that I have all my whining out of the way, I will tell you about the actual trip. I will do this in list form, because paragraphs are boring me lately. Numbers are quick and easy.
1. My children were once again spoiled with elaborate home made breakfasts by my mom.... that is until I threatened her if she dared to turn on her oven in the house of heat. Here they are helping her:
2. Community Pools are pretty much the same everywhere you go. Great, big, giant pee-pots. Yuck.
3. I forced my children to do a photo shoot in the blazing sun. At high noon. Ya' know, cause that is the best time to photograph people. Here was Hadji's contribution: (click to enlarge)
4. Hearing my allergy laden children discuss their future plans to become farmers made me laugh. They agreed one of them would need to marry a nurse so she could heal them up and they wouldn't have to leave their animals alone to go to the hospital.
5. I scored at some yard sales. I will post all my vintagey goodness in a separate post, but suffice to say, packing was an art form. I would like to note, I didn't tie any children to the roof of the vehicle to make extra space though.
6. I laughed when we had our walls banged on by a disgruntled neighbor in the hotel. I was letting the boys jump from bed to bed and they were giggling. Party poopers.
7. Chicken Wings.
8. At the local five and dime my boys and their cousins all opted to get candy cigarettes as their prize. They were the gum kind, that blow a little smoke out. I was a little nostalgically proud...
9. This may be the end result of one lysol obsessed mama, who told her son to leave his shoes on the running board so she could spray them. I may have forgot about them, and they may have blown off along some random highway. Oops.