Monday, October 23, 2006

Silly Hair Day...

OK, so Lincoln's class had "Silly Hair Day" last week. Now that is the one day when a kid whose Mom used to do hair has an advantage... :) I mean, come on, its not like kids say "My dad is a brain surgeon" and the big come back is "Well... my mom can do foil highlights so there!" So, silly hair day is where we shine. Here is why...

I turned the boy's hair blue! Yep, a nice little blue mohawk. It was a nice, bright, blue too... and he loved it, so that is what counts. (and makes him such a cool little kid!!) Yes, it was permanent too. No wash out stuff here folks, this was a true "double process" as they say in the world of hair coloring. The best part actually came this morning... I had dried my own hair curly Sunday, and when I woke up Monday morning, I looked a little wild... red curls were everywhere. So, Micah says, "Hey look at Mommy's hair" to which my little stinker replies, "Yep, I guess its Silly Hair Day for her today huh?" So, apparently, "Silly Hair Day" will be a new term and insult around our house. Nice. Anyway, here are the pictures...

Before...

Bleaching it white...





The Bleached out look...

Applying the blue...




The results... a very cool blue!

Leaving for school...

And to anyone wondering, NO. It is not still there, we cut it all off into a cute little cropped cut on Saturday. So, no more blue. I did of course save a little lock of it for his baby book. HAHA!! I am such a cool mom.

6 comments:

  1. You are a cool mom! TOO CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:19 AM

    I am LOOOOVVVIIINNNGGG his hair. I tell you, if my boy would let me do that to him all the time I so would. (of course his hair could never do that)...but yeah, this looks awsome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, my mom dyed my hair once, all black, it looks so gothic, it was awesome, you are a cool MAMA

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll bet Lincoln was the coolest kid in school that day! How can you top a blue mohawk?? With all that work, I would've left it in until it grew out, though! I guess that makes me a cooler mom than you. HA HA HA!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool Mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok now i would have left it. Mohawks are in. Ds just got rid of his and hes had it since kingergarten. Anyways i love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete