Tuesday, March 29, 2011
10 on Tuesday
Since I am still trying to figure out the new blogger and it's insane new photo posting ways, I decided to put aside the last two B-Lo trip installments and give you a list. You know the drill. Random. List. Sometimes 10, sometimes... not. Always sarcastic.
1. I stopped reading a blog I had clicked to the other day solely because the woman ended every! single! sentence! with! an! exclamation! point! I worried I could have a heart attack from all the excitement about what! cute! outfits!her! kids! wore! to! the! park! gag.
2. I played the game loaded questions last night for the first time. I love it. Lying, truth telling, guessing, competitive point keeping. I need to own it.
3. Last week, I chaperoned a first grade field trip. I learned that a 7 year old girl who shows her butt crack in her low rise jeans is just as wrong as when say, a plumber does. What? You moms think because there is princess peeking out it makes that crack cute? NO! Cover the Crackage! If I am ever the First Lady, that will be my "issue". I want t-shirts, CTC bumper magnets, and 5Ks to support the cause.
4. I gave up chips for Lent. I have eaten them, by mistake, 4 times now. (The 5th mishap was stopped by my friend Martha screaming, "NO JUDE!" Thanks Martha... I think ;)
5. Do we really need to talk about Charlie Sheen? I guarantee if you could access either his or his manager's hard drive sometime in the last six months, you would find them google searching charlie manson. Why? Because that is who is he acting like, and he knew it would sell. He may not have tiger blood, but he can smell a good news story a mile away.
6. I pulled up a calorie counter to see how many calories my favorite drink from Sonic is. A lemonberry slushy. YUM. I was elated when I saw a large only has 184 calories! Woohoo. Until I scrolled back up and saw that, no... that was the amount of carbs in a drink. The calorie count was somewhere in the neighborhood of 54,234 or so. No more happy hour for this girl. I hate technology.
7. I started this on Tuesday and never finished it. I don't know what it says about me that I can no longer even complete a list of 10 things in a timely manner.
8. I just found a recipe for Sponge Candy. I am elated. I tried it last night, despite the fact that I do not own a candy thermometer, and you need one for this recipe. I think I got impatient, and the end result was a mass of taffy-esque type stuff that would rip the teeth out of a hippo. I think I shall buy a candy thermometer.
9. In my quest for a Sonic replacement, I bought 8 pounds of strawberries. In my defense, they were on sale.
10. Its pouring rain, its spring break, and this sad, sad post is all I am capable of...